Sunday 20 July 2008

Cravings.....

Since my CI surgery on July 3rd, I have been deaf as a post. For the first few days, it was alright not to hear anything as I was not feeling well at times, still recuperating, napped alot, etc.... but now, I am so craving to hear "something", anything at all! I really miss my hearing aid and it does not work for me anymore as my cochlea is now dead, dead, dead.... the implant killed it, murderess it is!! lol...

Had a couple of friends over last evening, and man, it was tiring to read their lips after a few hours. Over in the last couple of days, I learned that I do rely on my hearing in order to lip-read well. Without my hearing, there's more work involved in lip-reading. How interesting is that!? I am just learning this after a life time of lip-reading with my hearing aid :)

I gave away my last three hearing aid batteries to a friend of mine, felt good!

Only 8 days, 23 hours and 28 minutes to go before my big activation day, can hardly wait!!!! Woot!

No comments: