Sunday 12 October 2008

New noise....

Hi all.... last weekend, Raymond and I went camping in Amherst, a nearby town, for the weekend. A great time had by all! Our trailers were parked by the water, so therefore it was a bit windy. Whilst inside the trailer on our first day, I could hear the wind slow down and pick up! Patty kept telling me the tree was going to fall on our trailer, ha ha.... funny lady she is.

That evening, it rained. We were all in one couple's trailer for chat and games. I could hear the rain pitter patter on the roof. It rained so hard at times and it let down at times, and then picked up again. I was able to tell my friends this, and they were amazed (they are all deaf), and they looked out the window to see the rain :) Rain is still my favourite sound of all! Just LOVE it....

On Saturday afternoon, all three couples had their quiet time, and went on our merry way. Raymond was in a dire need of a nap, so we went inside our trailer... he had a nap, I multi-tasked - watched TV, read a book and surfed on the internet. All of sudden I heard a noise which I never heard before. I listened to it so intentively (is this a word??) and trying to figure out what it was. I turned off the TV and the noise was still around. I closed the lap-top... the noise was still there!! Ugh... I went over to the fan above the stove, it was off. I looked in the bathroom, the fan was off in there too! Gee.... so I went back to sit down in the dining room to listen again.

I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms. I looked over at Raymond's way and listened again.... it came to my realization that the noise was in sync with Raymond's breathing (his tummy rising up and down).... oh wow.... the noise was his 'snoring'!!!!! Wow, is it ever loud!!

When I hear something new, I always ask Raymond what it is, so this way, I would recognize it the next time I hear it again. With this noise on the go, I didn't have the heart to wake him up just to ask him, so discovered this one on my own. Felt good!

This afternoon, a week later, Raymond had a nap on the couch and I recognized his snoring right away. I am amazed on how loud it is!!! It is like a rough motor at times! Fourteen and half years we have been together, and I am just learning this now :)

Things are going very well. Only two things that are hellish for me are work and church. I cannot wait for the background block be placed on my on one of my CI switches. I really need this for work - big time. My appointment is on October 23rd, so I am practically counting down the sleeps......

1 comment:

Valerie said...

My hubby snores so bad, that is why he has a deaf wife. I take off the CIs when he sleeps or I can't get anything done. Even as this sound drives me banana, it gives a peaceful feeling of comfort.

I have a squeaky shoe program for my CIs. It filters out the shoes down the hallway as I have morning duty. Love it. Let me know about the snoring program. I need one too.