Monday 11 August 2008

Pictures of Activation Day - July 29, 2008

Arrival at the audiologist's, Heather Maessen, office in Halifax (I am no small fry and who cares):


Heather getting my headpiece ready:


Putting the processor behind my ear:


Headpiece goes on:


Listening attentively to Heather's explanations:


Turning on the mapping program on computer:


Explains further what I will expect to hear:


Chatting away as usual to Raymond and Kim:


Hearing for the first time!:


Freaked over the sound of my voice:


The mapping on the computer:


Heather saying the "days of the week" behind a folder and I got 6 out of 8 correct!:


Me listening to Heather saying the days of the week:


Going through the Harmony kit which I was given:


Heather and me :)


Raymond and I with our wee purses for our batteries:


Raymond, Kimberly Carter - CEO of Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Foundation and myself:


Just outside at Gatsby's Pizza Pub on Spring Garden Road - can't even tell I am wearing the CI:


Time to celebrate, eh??:


Raymond:

No comments: