Monday 25 August 2008

Most common questions....

Since I got activated, I have been asked alot of questions by friends.... and it was interesting to learn that there is indeed a most common question. Want to know what it was?

"Do you sleep with your CI on?"

It is natural for people to be curious and I love answering their questions. But this one as thrown me for the loop, as I am thinking to some of these people..."Do you sleep with your glasses on?" :)

Two other popular questions are:

"Do you go swimming with your CI on?"
"Do you shower with your CI on?"

The answer to questions like that, is.... "no". The CI is a tool same as glasses, prothesis, etc., we take them off when needed to. CI is not waterproof, like full immersion in water. We can go out in the rain with them on... but they cannot be immersed in water. And plus sleeping with the CI, it will definitely fall off as you move around in your sleep, so therefore we don't sleep with them on. They are expensive enough as it is, so we need to take a good care of them. It is a nice advantage to be completely deaf during your sleep - nice and peacefully quiet. Even now, if I put my head back on a chair/couch just to relax and move my head in a certain way, the headpiece will fall off hanging from the processor.

No comments: