Tuesday 23 September 2008

Rest Periods

When I first got my CI implant activated on July 29th and went back two weeks later for a mapping/adjustment, the audiologist, Heather Maessen said that anytime I felt overwhelmed with the CI, I can take it off for a little bit. We are allowed to take a small rest from it.

My work's noise level is very overwhelming so I take off my CI everyday during my 15 minute break. Sometimes just once during the shift, I would take it off just to chill out, but always put it back on like about 5 minutes later, it is never off long. This is only once in a while.

If you don't do this, you will only tire yourself out more and get yourself overwhelmed even more. Rest your ears once in a while. CI is an HUGE adjustment, I shall tell you.

Raymond does this alot too, and I am sure many other CI users do this as well.

No comments: